Randy B. Birch
Attorney at Law
Randy has practiced law in Utah since April 1984. He offices in Heber City, Utah, and handles legal matters throughout the State. He has extensive experience in construction claims and litigation, collections, trucking, and commercial law. He is a frequent speaker on construction and collection law topics and has substantial experience with real estate matters. With a J.D. degree from the University of Utah, he is a trained mediator and arbitrator and speaks Spanish. Until his appointment as Heber City’s Justice Court Judge, a part-time position, he was a member of the Utah Association for Justice (formerly Utah Trial Lawyers Association) and was on the Board of the Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He has been a licensed real estate agent. He performs weddings in English and Spanish and is available by appointment.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals
- 10th Circuit
- U.S Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Heber City Justice Court
- – Current
- Part time position handling infractions, Class C & B misdemeanors and civil cases under $10,000
- Attorney at Law
- Randy B. Birch, P.C.
- – Current
- After practicing in Salt Lake City for a number of years I am pleased to be practicing law in Heber City, Utah. While I am the Heber City Justice Court Judge (a part-time position), I maintain a full time law practice handling civil cases throughout Utah. We provide legal services in all state and federal courts; contract review and drafting; construction claims for defective work, inadequate plans, changes in the scope of work; land use planning and real estate; collections including mechanic’s liens and bond claims; and commercial litigation.
- Bostwick & Price, P.C.
- Handled legal matters involving small businesses, real estate, construction, contracts, and criminal law. Member of the Construction and Alternative Dispute Resolution sections of the Utah State Bar; Judge pro tem for the Third Circuit Court, small claims division. Representative clients: Ralph Smith Company, Binggeli Rock Products, Heber Valley Bank, MCM Engineering, and UdellÃÂ¢s Cabinets, Inc.
- Birch Law Office
- Sole practitioner handling commercial litigation, contract disputes, criminal, real estate, and personal injury work.
- Bertch & Birch
- Founder and shareholder in full service law firm focusing on business law, construction and personal injury claims.
- General Counsel
- U.S. General, Inc.
- General advice and consultation regarding government contracting and claims litigation before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals, State and Federal Courts; management of outside litigation counsel and California litigation.
- Walstad & Babcock
- Commercial litigation and foreclosures; Litigation of collections, contract disputes, mechanic’s lien and bond claims. Actively involved with contract document preparation, claim preparation and presentation before Federal and State boards; Author of a number of articles for the Intermountain Contractor magazine, active in various construction trade associations.
- Solo practitioner
- General practice consisting of family law, collections, criminal law, consumer rights, personal injury and bankruptcy.
- University of Utah
- J.D (1984) | Law
- Activities: J.D. Degree earned December 1983. Judicial Internship, Utah’s Third Judicial District Court, Judge David B. Dee, Summer/Fall, 1983. American Inn of Court II, student member 1983 – 1984.
- Utah State University
- B.A (1981) | Political Science, Spanish
- Honors: Certificate of International Relations
- Utah State Bar
- Activities: Active member Utah State Bar since April 1984, – Construction Section; former screening panel member of the Utah State Bar Ethics Committee; former member of Utah Association for Justice, and board member of Utah Association Criminal Defense Lawyers. Served as Judge pro tem for the Third District Court, small claims division, and as a trainer for Small Claims Courts in Utah. Certified Mediator and Arbitrator. In 9/2010, was appointed part-time Justice Court Judge in Heber City, Utah.
- Utah State Bar # 04197
- – Current
- Utah Association for Justice
- Wasatch County Bar Association
- Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Board of Directors
- American Bar Association
- Utah State Bar
- Member Ethics Screening Panel
Collecting Without Filing a Lawsuit, Ways To Collect Your Money Post-JudgmentNBI
- Pre-Suit Collection Strategies, Collecting the Judgment
- Handling Post-Judgment Legal Concerns, Collecting the Judgment – Methods that Work
- Substantive Law Issues in Small Claims Court
- Administrative Office of the Court
- Locating Assets – Avoid Playing “Hide and Seek”
- Payment and Performance Bonds, Changes to Contracted Work
- Half Moon
- The Appeal Process, Collecting Your Judgment – Techniques to Use
- Pre-Suit Collection Strategies, Filing the Lawsuit – Developing Definitive Strategies
Collection Law from Start to Finish, Salt Lake City, Utah JuneNBI
Mediator and Arbitrator
Utah State Courts